POSITION: Director of Marketing
STATUS: Full-time/ Hybrid
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
MANAGES: Marketing Coordinator & Marketing Interns
FACILITIES: Erie Insurance Arena /Warner Theatre/ Bayfront Convention Center/Bayfront Landing/ UPMC Ball Park
SALARY: $70,000 - $80,000 / Exempt
WHO WE ARE:
The Erie County Convention Center Authority, also known as Erie Events, manages a four-facility entertainment complex that includes the Warner Theatre, Erie Insurance Arena, Bayfront Convention Center, and UPMC Park. These four venues host a variety of events that include world-class entertainment, family-friendly shows, and sporting events. The Convention Center Authority also owns the Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel and the Courtyard by Marriott Erie Bayfront Hotel. Erie Events facilities and hotels attract over one million guests annually from the tri-state region and generate $90 million dollars in direct spending in our community.
The Director of Marketing is responsible for positioning Erie Events as the organization at the forefront of entertainment, hospitality, and tourism in Northwest Pennsylvania. This position will analyze, lead, develop and execute Erie Events brand and companywide marketing strategies related to all business functions internally as well as externally.
Additionally, he/she will work with the Executive Director to oversee all future strategic objectives related to the promotion of Erie Events and our activities.
• Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Marketing, Business, or related field with an emphasis on Marketing coursework.
• 8+ years of marketing experience preferred.
• Successful track record in a marketing leadership role and project management experience.
• He / or she must have excellent communication skills; oral and written.
• Must have great organization and attention to detail.
• He/she will directly oversee brand management, advertising, promotional activities, and develop marketing plans relating to Erie Events business needs.
• This position will spearhead marketing initiatives on an ongoing basis through interpreting data, identifying trends, and making actionable recommendations to Erie Events Executive Director for continual improvement to drive results.
• Work closely with other department heads and staff related to all internal and external marketing needs.
• Oversee the creation, publishing, and distribution of Erie Events annual Community Report.
• Work with building tenants (Erie Otters, Erie Philharmonic, Bayhouse Restaurant etc.) to support the promotion of their businesses and to help ensure their success. Work closely with our Booking team to help ensure the success of our event promoters with particular emphasis on supporting ticketed events.
• Create and implement annual marketing budget and campaign designed to promote Erie Events, our facilities, and our event activity.
• Oversee the analysis of customer data providing information for other departments and recommendations to leverage the data for better overall performance for the organization
• Attends weekly staff meetings.
• Oversee the brands digital presence, including social media platforms as well as websites.
• Assist with the fulfillment of sponsorship activations and in identifying ways to monetize our facilities related to sponsorship revenue.
• Meet regularly with ECCCA Executive Director related to current and future projects.
• Develops and maintains a harmonious working relationship with all the other departments.
• Research and manage third-party vendors as needed.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays in addition to normal business hour as needed.
90 DAY TOP PRIORITIES:
• Establish rapport with direct reports, facility staff, key customers, vendors, and local community/industry stakeholders.
• Deep understanding of Erie Events, our history, our various properties and the mission of the organization.
• Work with each facility team to understand the objectives of each facility and the role marketing does and can play into the future.
• Acquire an understanding of current marketing objectives and strategies.
• Work with our building staff and customers to gain an understanding of how we can best promote our facilities, tenants, and events.
• Begin to assess areas of opportunity to shape future goals and strategies.
• Meet regularly with direct reports and begin to assess individual performance.
• Work with the Executive Director to assess our current marketing strategies and to create a plan moving forward as it relates to all areas of Marketing for Erie Events.
Why You’ll love Erie Events
Many of our jobs fit all kinds of different lifestyles and come with great benefits – Some dependent upon the role, work schedule, or location, and may include the following!
• Competitive wages paid biweekly
• Healthcare (Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription drugs)
• Prescription Reimbursement
• Employer Paid: Life Insurance, Short Term/Long Term Disability
• Additional employee paid Life Insurance
• Flexible Spending Plan
• Flexible hours
• 9 Paid Holidays
• Supplemental Pay: Varies per position
• Paid Time Off (PTO) – Applies to Full & Part-time Employees
• 12 weeks of paid parental leave
• 6 weeks of paid caregiver leave
• Employee Referral Program
• Complementary access to events throughout our four venues
• Employee Assistance Program – 100% confidential
• 457 Retirement Plan
• Annual Employee Appreciation Event
• Behind the Scenes Awards
Erie Events provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law